The sign that hung outside the store...

The sign that hung outside the store...
All Things Vintage, Re-purposed, Junked and Treasured!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Changes...




I may have mentioned previously that when I was working, my world had gotten into a rut, because all my time was either commuting to work, working and commuting home. I got up at 5AM and was lucky to get home by 5PM. After almost two hours of commuting per day, and a stressful job, well I did  not have the energy or desire to do anything. My home had fallen into the rut with me.

Now, my world is almost daily change, really...I am forever moving things, painting things, selling things, and buying things (thrift stores or Craigslist).

For example, I sold several items lately that took up to much room...such as this buffet...



We have several pieces of this Mission style furniture, but are ready to depart with much of it. This sold on CL pretty quickly.

I also had a large size Mission coffee table... and the Mission chair in the below picture, sold and gone both of them, to happy new owners.



My living room was ready for change, and since we will be having Christmas Eve at our house this year, I needed to be ready for it! Since my coffee table was gone, I brought in my recent garage sale rusted iron frame coffee table. I had painted and waxed the wood board top with ASCP. It has a smaller footprint, and I love the shabby look .



I also found two smaller size chairs for the living room, on Craigslist. She was asking $60 each which was a steal already, but she took $100.00 for the pair, and the fabric is great, she said they were in their never used living room. I will possibly sell the sofa after the holidays...it is a bit to long for this crazy layout of a living room (who else has six walls in a living room???).

The mirror on the mantel was a $20.00 CL find, it's beveled, so another great find I think. Now I am still on the lookout for one with a more ornate frame...like the one I foolishly sold earlier this year!



I have also listed my Hoosier/Kitchen Queen on Craigslist, and priced it to sell...we will see!  
Update: SOLD!


In it's place in my kitchen, I found an Amish made Pie Safe that is more appropriate for the storage I need.

Here in the Northwest you don't run across these like you do in other parts of the country, so when I found it on Craigslist I was ecstatic!

 Do you have a mental dream list of items you had always wanted? This was on my 40 year dream list, so I was happy to score it, and for a great price too.



So, as I say, life is full of changes, especially when Craigslist or a thrift store is so easily accessible!

What do you think of my current changes, as I prepare for Christmas, as this is just the beginning...stay tuned!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Your living room looks amazing all switched up! What a difference change makes. Thank you for stopping by to see my holiday decorations. I hope you will be posting photos of your decorations very soon!
Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love what you've sold and what you hae bought so it's a win win!!

michele said...

must check craigslist asap!

hope you will find a moment to stop by and enter a giveaway i am hosting for followers (i hope you win!):
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

happy weekend to you!

michele

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm liking the changes and have been taking a boo around your site. I'm your newest follower!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and have a Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Diann said...

Well, you sold some lovely pieces and bought some even more wonderful pieces! thank you for sharing with us at TTF last week. I hope you are having a fun day!

Carole said...

Omg...I love that Mission buffet and chair! Wish I had known! Of course, I have no place at all for a buffet, but I've always wanted one. I would have made room for that chair. We have a dresser of that style (though made by Bassett), which we have plans to part with. We love it, but it's too big for the room and for our needs. I never considered Craig's List.

I wanted to pop by and thank you for visiting Noteworthy Musings, and for your kind words about the kitten. I'm very sorry about your little Corgi. I know how devastating that must have been.

I hope kitty is doing well. They can be fun. I hope he's bringing much joy (and not getting in to too much trouble lol).