The sign that hung outside the store...

The sign that hung outside the store...
All Things Vintage, Re-purposed, Junked and Treasured!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

New "old" find...

For the life of me, I cannot understand how someones hundred plus year old family album can end up outside of the family, and in the home of a stranger.

I was at a new antique store full of new vendors that opened in Monroe. So many treasures, and the prices were not bad.

Then I saw this old album, in a gold worn mohair cover, made to stand up on a frame and when unlatched, opens in a really lovely way. It has raised decorative initials on the front...and is full of some ones old family pictures.









And then you open it, and the family history of someone I don't know, literally unfolds in front of me...













The names shown are the photography studios in Vermont and Maine...and here they end up in Washington State...



Oh, this is when you only could wish to know the stories that go with these folks of so long ago. Who are they, where were they born, what were their lives like, what is the story of their lives?

I doubt if I will ever know...

Jan

8 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness, what a find! I don't get it either, why someone would get rid of precious family photo's. Unless there was no heirs to pass them on too?

Carol

Annabelle said...

What a magnificent find. A friend found similar photos in a local antique centre and has adopted them as his own family. They are now framed and on the walls of his flat - the larger ones being given names. Great idea to reclaim the family.

ScotSue said...

I envy you for coming across such a wonderful find. I love these old photographs.

sandy said...

Oh my goodness, that is an AMAZING find! I just love old photos like that! I too find myself wondering about the families in the photos!
Have a wonderful week!
sandy :)

My Eclectic Loft said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the photo album not sure how people get rid of them.

Linda said...

Amazing...what a beautiful treasure!

L. D. said...

I have a couple of similar ones like yours. I too don't know the family. There are some names on some of the photos but no last names. Your album is a lot more fancy than mine. I like the easel design of the book.

safdar said...

current news in urdu pakistan
pakistan urdu news latest
latest urdu news pakistan
pk urdu news
daily news pakistan in urdu
pakistani urdu news
urdu news from pakistan
breaking news pakistan urdu
latest news pakistan in urdu
latest pakistani news in urdu
latest pakistan news urdu

breaking news urdu pakistan
www.urdu news
pakistan news paper urdu
karachi urdu news
pakistan news urdu today
urdu news pk
urdu news
daily urdu news
urdu news pakistan

today news urdu pakistan
pakistan urdu news
urdunews
latest news pakistan urdu
pak urdu news today
pakistan latest news urdu
www pakistan news com urdu
pak news in urdu
urdu news karachi
latest news urdu pakistan
Urdu fresh news
دانیال کار
madiha shah
meesha shafi
saba hameed
mahnoor baloch
humayun
samina peerzada
sanam saeed
bushra ansari
mahnoor baloch
mahnoor baloch weight
mahnoor name pics
mahnoor baloch and husband

mahnoor husband