The sign that hung outside the store...

The sign that hung outside the store...
All Things Vintage, Re-purposed, Junked and Treasured!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Loving our Pacific NW Summer...

This is the best time of the year in the Pacific Northwest..we are having another glorious dry warm summer..with near perfect temperatures.

My covered atrium is inviting with my repurposed pieces, and the radio on 24/7 to my favorite station. I retreat here often, when I am by myself, to read or pray.



I got this old trunk which is a coffee table of sorts for me now, at a thrift store. They said it came from Sweden over a hundred years ago...my husband says ummm...no... the little tag inside says made in Illinois.
That's OK, I still like it.



I have pulled many of my extra overflow art pieces, and made this my own little art gallery...as you can see we do have horse art galore.

Even the dogs are enjoying the outdoor space...


The wicker was purchased last year at an estate sale, and I spray painted several pieces black...and am glad I did.

 I picked up new cushions in the spring at a Ross store, so they were very reasonable, and since they match, brought the different wicker pieces together.



I was leaving to go garage sale-ing a couple weeks ago and barely got a mile down the road and saw a pile of old patio furniture, with a free sign. I was driving my convertible, and the top was down. I scooped up 3 plastic old sad looking Adirondack chairs in the back of my convertible, poor old things  were a worn out looking beige color.

Well, 2-3 cans of spay paint later..I was rather pleased with them. Don't ya just love it when you see a "free" challenge, beckoning you to take it on!






I hope your summer's are good, and not to hot or wet...mine is near perfect, I must say!

Jan

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I say enjoy that old trunk, Swedish or not!!! Love that you have a little corner of the world where you can land. It's good for the soul. =)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Love your outdoor space. Since we live in a planned community, we have very little outdoor space. I have done my best though to make it into a haven for us. The chairs bring back memories of my Africa trip. One church I visited there used these chairs as their seating. They were not as lovely as yours though. I love your trunk also. Thrifting is really becoming a pleasure to me. If you scroll back a couple of pages on my blog, you will see a tool box I found at the "Village". I was so excited to get it and even more so when I discovered it's value. I use it in my sewing room.
Perhaps one day, we will bump elbows at the "Village." Thanks for the follow.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your outdoor space looks very nice. I like the couch area, and that would be a great place to read and think and relax.

I hope you are enjoying the rest of the summer days.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you for having pop-up comments. It's so much easier to leave a comment. I wish more of my blog friends had it.

~Sheri